My nominees are:
Please enjoy these writers, each of whom has so much to offer us, in such a variety of ways.
11 random facts?
I sort my clothes by colour
I don’t like sandwiches
I am often late
I have many earrings
exams hate me
I do things slowly
I love my slippers
I can work things out, given time
some people love me, some people scare me
I love music, but don’t often choose it
There is generally a lot going on inside my head.
Here are the questions I was asked.
1. What prompted you to start blogging?
It was time to find a non-competitive outlet, where people who wish can read my poetry.
2. How do you feel about being nominated?
Grateful to be given the gift of someone’s time, and a little worried about my lack of it.
3. What most inspires you to write?
The joy/relief/excitement/release/comfort I feel when I am creating my own world.
4. When do you feel most satisfied in life?
When I have taken the time to do something well.
5. When did you last laugh uncontrollably, and what prompted it?
6. What is your favourite colour?
Blue – or maybe green.
7. What is your favourite book?
It would depend on when I read it. I have just finished reading The Lacuna, by Barbara Kingsolver.
8. Where is your favourite place to go?
possibly the sofa, maybe the bed
9. What have you found most rewarding about blogging?
The people who come back for more
10. What makes you sad?
The idea that my words or actions may be misconstrued
11. What would you change about the world if you could?
I would divert the money used to maintain armies into social enterprises run by young people, so they could use their great talent, skill, energy and potential to create, support and inspire.
My 11 questions to nominees are:
1. What is your personal definition of happiness?
2. When did you last go for a long walk?
3. What is the warmest piece of clothing you own?
4. How far ahead do you make plans?
5. What is the piece of writing you feel most pleased to have written, and why?
6. What is the philosophy you would like to communicate through your blog?
7. What can you see out of your window?
8. How many hours a day do you spend looking at a screen?
9. If you could do something you think you will never do, what would it be?
10. What will you change about your world?
11. How long has it taken to answer these questions?
To accept the nomination, here are the rules:
– Place the Leibster Award picture from above onto the top of your post, say who nominated you and list their site.
– List 11 random facts about yourself.
– Nominate 11 other bloggers for the Leibster award and list their sites.
– Notify the bloggers of their awards.
– Ask the award nominees that you have chosen 11 questions to answer to accept their award.
– Answer the 11 questions left by the blogger who nominated you.
Congratulations to all my nominees.
Rules to follow:
1.Thank the person who nominated me.
2.Share 7 things about yourself that others may not know
3.Nominate 15 other bloggers.
4.Notify the nominees
5.Put the Award Logo on your blog site
Thank you to mypenandme http://mypenandme.wordpress.com for nominating me for this award.
7 things you may not know?
1. My children are many, beautiful and intelligent.
2. I have spent five years writing a book called ‘Snailbeach Tails’ set in the beautiful Shropshire Hills, filled with love, myth, magic and mayhem. It is now on sale.
3. I am performing part of my book this week.
4. I have a huge life, full of variety and glorious friendships.
5. I live amongst artists and storytellers.
7. Extremely scary moments, difficult times and the joy of survival have helped shape me and my writing.
Here are fifteen people whose writings continually attract my time and attention. Fabulous all – thank you.