Blog of the Year for me? Two poets whose work I love for its grit and beauty, two writers who connect with people and made the corners of my mouth turn up, one poet/artist who takes me on a delicious journey through surreality, and one woman who I think can make a real social difference with her writing:
Thanks to all the above, and thanks to everyone who has followed or visited my cave this year. you have brought the poems to life.
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. List seven random things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
Many thanks to truthsparked for this nomination. I recommend you visit her lovely blog, particularly if you have children and young people in your life.
My seven (not so) random things:
1. The more I write, the more I discover, the more I love to read.
2. I am a poet who has written a novel for grown-ups who believe in story – please follow the link http://snailbeachtails.com/ .
3. I believe that where art meets life it can speak through and to our universal spirit.
4. Words are my friends. They love to play. Once they are on the page, they must take their chances.
5. I have sometimes hurt myself and others in my pursuit of authenticity, but find the damage done by denial to be just as great.
6. I haven’t always understood number five.
7. My strength is in the scar tissue which holds me together and connects me to wounded survivors and loving souls.
It is my pleasure to nominate the following blogs for their ability to connect with their readers in various ways, for different reasons. If I’ve nominated some of them before, I’m glad, if it means I can take you there for another look. Enjoy.
Love, Julia x